Membership is the heart of our PTA and it is made up of people just like you. The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you help our school which is also wonderful for our community.
But who are we?
Well, we are full-time working parents. We are stay-at-home parents. We are aunts, uncles, and grandparents. We are teachers, administrators, staff, and community leaders. We are a group of people committed to help Meadow Drive School thrive. We will meet five times this year and we’ll discuss upcoming events for our students, bring in guest speakers who discuss hot button topics, or listen to our young new readers impress us with narrative, opinion, or research writing essays.
We take our cue from the National PTA and are people who want to:
- Get Connected––There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources––The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network––PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Grow––By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up––PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement––By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model––By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
That’s it. We aren’t scary. We aren’t intense. We aren’t Parents To Avoid.
And we hope to see you around.